CERTIFICATE IN CONTROL SYSTEMS/AUTOMATION ENGINEERING (Siemens)
Weekdays(daily)- 2weeks, weekends-2 months
This training module which covers all the course contents of level 1-2 and the HMI courses. It is designed to bring trainees to a point of mastery of automated systems. Experts with industry experience will take you through practical sessions and programming exercises.
At the end of this training, trainees will be able to
- Set-up, wire and program Siemens PLC control systems from scratch
- Troubleshoot basic programs, trace faulty Siemens s7 PLC/modules and replace them.
- Perform basic and advanced PLC programming
- Setup- program and operate field devices such as level meters, flow meters, VFDs, modulating valves etc
- Design process control systems with PID loop programming
- Modify existing programs for different applications.
- Design user friendly Human Machine interfaces
- Introduction to PLCs
- PLC set-up and wiring
- Establishing communication with PLCs
- PLC programming with ladder logic
- STEP 7 installation techniques & components
- Hardware configuration(basic and Advanced)
- CPU Properties.
- Symbolic notation & symbols table handling.
- Organization Blocks (OBs) , Data blocks(DBs) Function Blocks (FBs)
- Data types
- Commissioning & Monitoring /. Modifying Variables.
- Linear / Structured Programming Techniques.
- Debugging(troubleshooting) a program.
- Binary operations & gates.
- Downloading and uploading a program
- Configuration & addressing of modules
- Creating projects in LAD/STL/FBD.
- Basic functions (timers, counters, comparators , jumps etc)
- Data handling including arrays & structures.
- Shift registers.
- Program, troubleshoot and maintain continuous signal field devices such as level meters, VFDs, temperature sensors, pressure sensors, modulating valves etc
- PLC troubleshooting and maintenance
- Process control using PID loop programming(with practical sessions)
- Introduction to process controls
- Open and close loop controls
- Introduction to PID concept and applications
- PID programming
- PID tunning
- HMI using WinCC
- Introduction to HMI systems
- Security and passwords
- Object properties and animations
- Bars and trends
- Tags e.tc
Requirement: Basic technical knowledge